OK, so I know I haven't posted in a few days, but I keep telling Ricky he needs to update my pictures. I've pretty much given up on him... so I decided to start from the beginning and put Addison's newborn pictures on our blog. But before I do, there are a few stories I'd like to share.
Last Friday, January 23rd, was Addison's 2 month doctor's appointment. Yes, I know, she's almost 3 months old, but I'm not the one that does the scheduling. Mom was watching Addison Friday and Dad took off work because Mom also had my nephew, Jerrick. Jerrick is 5 weeks older than Addison (needless to say, they had their hands full). I had to work, but I took off at 1:00 to be with her. Her appointment was at 1:30. Ricky can't take off work, but her next appointment is scheduled so that Daddy can be with her (she gets her shots then too-don't worry!!) So here we are at the doctor's office...Mom, Dad, Little Jerrick, Addison, and myself. 2 diaper bags, 2 car seats, 2 happy babies (but not for long). Addison was weighed. She weighs 11 pds 8 ozs and she's 23 1/4 long. Her head was 15 inchs (I think). The doctor said everything was wonderful. She was in the 75th percentile for height, weight, and her head measurement.
After Addison was checked the nurse came in to give her her shots. She had 4 shots (2 in each leg) and one orally. As soon as the oral medicine hit her tongue she started squalling-it was HORRIBLE!! I mean like death squalls. So here I am trying to console her (she's on the table, I'm hanging over her). I'm crying, she's crying, Dad and Jerrick are in the hall so they don't have to see- but I guarantee they heard, and Mom's got her head turned asking, "Is it over??" She cried for about another minute, but then she was ok. She fell asleep right afterwards and slept most of the evening. Ricky wanted to go to the car show at the Civic Center, but Dr. Winnings advised me that wouldn't be such a great idea-THANK YOU!!! :) Friday evening she did wake up around 9:00 and was pretty fussy, but we gave her the Tylenol like we were told and she turned out ok.
Saturday was pretty much a clean the house day. We have recently moved-another reason I haven't blogged as much as I'd like. The house has been a disaster and I can't handle it!! So Saturday Ricky and I cleaned. It looks SOOO much better now. All that's left is the kitchen and the baby's bathroom. Saturday afternoon we went with Ricky's parents to look at some property in Lincoln County :). Saturday night we went to Bob Evan's and to my brother and sister-n-laws to watch a movie.
Sunday was church and Ricky's aunt's birthday party at his grandparents.
Monday night, January 26th was bath night for Addison (she gets a bath more than once a week, but this bath was special...LOL I only put the exact date so that when I look back at this blog...I can remember.) So here I am bathing little Addison and there she is grinning like opossum. Next thing I know she starts grunting. Great, I know what's happening, but I have no idea what to do! So I start screaming for Ricky. He's like, what's wrong? Then he looks in the bath water and realizes that his gracious daughter had pooped in her water...her clean water! So we wrap her up in a towel, empty out her bathtub, clean it, and re-bathe her! It was SOOO funny! :)
Tuesday was American Idol (Ricky never misses it). I took off work because the roads were really bad here and I don't have 4-wheel drive.. :) Mom came up to visit for a while and when she left Ricky came home. Dad came up later that evening to visit Addison (he doesn't get to see her very often) and then Ricky's brother Keith and his girlfriend Chelsie and our friends Jeremy and Jessi came over. We all watched American Idol and just sat around and talked-it was nice! :)
Last night was church again and then we visited with Ricky's parents.
I have pictures to post from my Brother's Birthday Dinner (that was January 22nd) His Birthday is January 20th...Happy Birthday Bubby, but I'll do a blog on that shin dig later!! :)
Thursday, January 29, 2009
The things our child does...
Posted by The Pauley's at 1:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment