Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Our Story

The past 9 weeks, 4 days have definitely changed our lives. Addison Rae Pauley was born November 7, 2008 at 2:18 pm. She was 7 lbs 10 ozs and 19 inches long. God blessed us with a beautiful, healthy baby girl and we can't believe how quickly she's growing. It seems like yesterday we were awaiting her arrival and Ricky was listening to me go on about how uncomfortable I was and how I just wanted it all over! It's amazing how time truly does fly by and how smart she is, already. Of course she is our baby girl and we rant and rave every time she does anything new-and I do mean, anything! She was holding her head up at 2 weeks, she's now trying to sit up, she recognizes us, she's laughing and cooing at everything (isn't it funny what parents will do just to see their children laugh?), and she is SO nosey! Every time we uncover her from her car seat, she moves her head back and forth just to see where she is and who she's around (she gets her nosiness from her Daddy). She is starting to sleep through the night, which is a WONDERFUL blessing from God.

I had to start back at work January 5th and it's really been hard for me. I get up at 5:30, get ready, get her dressed and fed, walk out the door at 7:00 and take her to my parents (Mom will never know how much it means that she's keeping Addison and we don't have to put her in daycare). Ricky gets off work at 3:30 so he has to drive from work, to Mom and Dad's, and back to our house. When I get home I have to cook dinner, clean the house, do the laundry, and take care of the baby-it's truly exhausting, but a wonderful part of motherhood!
I do realize that I have so many pictures to add to the blog, but if you'll give me time...I'll get it done! I've added only two pictures, but will continue to add more...I hope you enjoy!!




0 comments: