I would like to begin by apologizing for the picture overload. This post isn't only for Christmas, but the entire month of December (except for the last 3 days). This month has been pretty crazy for our family. I can't believe December is over and 2010 is fast approaching. I'm going to be an old lady soon if time keeps flying by so fast!
Addison is definitely growing. She's also developing her own personality. I would say it's more like her Mom's than her Dad's. Ricky doesn't talk much (maybe he doesn't have a chance). He's quiet, lives in his own world, always has short answers, etc. It annoys me most days so I'm really happy that Addison is starting to talk to me! Not only does she talk, but she screams when she gets excited, makes the FUNNIEST faces, AND when I laugh at her she does it again. She's starting to play more with her toys (mostly baby dolls and strollers). BUT she still refuses to watch TV. Unless we're in the car and then she doesn't take her eye off of it. I guess I'd prefer that she doesn't like to watch, but it would be a nice 10 minute break! LOL
She's also repeating everything you say. EVERYTHING. She's very intelligent for her age. To this point, she's said (that I can remember); Mommy, Daddy, Mamaw, Papaw, Deuce (her dog), Kitty, Doggie, Baby, Pretty, Ba-ba, Bull (thanks Dad), Pop, Juice, Ball, Luz you, Keith (Ricky's brother), Jesus, Poop, HoHoHo, Addison, No, Stop it, Mean, Hi, Hello, lala (song), Cody, Yes, and last but not least-Hush T R. My Dad and Mom had her one day and she was in the back seat talking up a storm. My Dad said "Hush T.R." and she repeated him. T.R. was my Papaw's initials (Thomas Ray) and apparently he talked all the time so that's why Dad told her to hush. I'm certain there are like 100 more, but I can't think of them at the moment! :)
She can show you where your eyes and nose are and sometimes her hands and feet. She will sometimes say 2 when I say 1 or when i say 123 she'll just repeat me.
December 2, 2009
December 15, 2009 (Mommy's Birthday)
I remember last year on my Birthday that Ricky took a picture of me with Addison. She was definitely more willing to cooperate a year ago.
I know she looks really happy! :)
Brandy, Dave and Nova got Addison a Christmas gift this year. Brandy wasn't able to watch Addison open it, so I told her that I'd post the pictures of her opening it online. She did a super job at opening it and she was super excited when she saw it! Thanks Brandy...we love you guys so much!
Christmas was busy as usual this year. We started the day at my Grandparents house. We arrived at 5:30 and were there until about 7:15. Addison and her Great Grandma Betty.
Addison and her Great Uncle Jacky.
The 2nd stop was at Ricky's Grandparents house. We got there about 7:30 and left at 8:30. We didn't stay long because we had to go there on Christmas Day too.
Addison and her Mama & Papa Pauley
3rd stop was Mom and Dad's at 8:45. We had to leave there about 10:30.
Mommy, Daddy & Addison! :)
Mamaw & Papaw Marker
4th stop was Ricky's parents at about 10:45. We left there a little after midnight.
Opening my gifts.
This is Ricky's brother Keith and his fianc'e Chelsea. They got engaged on Christmas Eve. :)
We got home on Christmas Eve at about 12:30am. Addison stayed awake for it all too. She got up at about 10:00 that morning and only took 2 10 minute naps. When I put her in her crib at 12:30 that night, she was jumping up and down (don't ask). But when I checked on her about 10 minutes later, she was sound asleep.
Ricky and I being silly at 3:00am! :)
So this is Scuffs. Most of you know who she is. She's only been alive as long as I have! Ok, not that long. But she has been around for about 10 years.
I will never forget the first time I saw her...I was like a kid again! It made my day when Dad brough her inside. Don't worry, he didn't get her for me. He went outside in the freezing cold to feed the dog and he heard her meowing. He only brought her inside to get her warm-I was forbidden to keep her (did anyone miss the part that she's 10 years old?)
She's been through everything with me.
Frances got Addison and I matching socks for Christmas and I had to take a picture of our cute feet together. :)
Merry Belated Christmas to each of you. I hope you all had a wonderful day. I hope even more that you remember the true meaning of Christmas. The gift of such a sweet baby boy is far more precious than any gift we could wrap and place under a tree. Christmas is a celebration of Jesus's life. If it wasn't for that little baby in manager, we wouldn't have Salvation today.
I know I always post this story, but here it is again...
Luke 2:7-17
7And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
8And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
15And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
16And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
17And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
Merry Christmas to each of you!
.jpg)
1 comments:
thanks for the post! Loved all of the pics and your Christmas was sooo busy!! Can't believe it. . . you should have spent Christmas with David, Colt and I - hope to see you next week!
Post a Comment