Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Time's a Comin'

It's that time of year again.  I knew it was coming, I just don't think I realized how fast. 

Christmas is by far my most favorite time of year.  I'm not sure if it's the lights (love it), the shopping, or the noticeable difference in people's attitude that's put me in the Holiday spirit early this year.  We put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving and Ricky put up half of our lights on Sunday.  And i say HALF because we ran out and we're (Ricky) not quit finished. I have all of my gifts wrapped and under the tree although there's still more shopping to do! :) 

Anyway, the reason I'm tellling the story is because MOM decided to get in the Holiday spirit early this year too.  She decorated her room and bathroom in this red, brown and white snowman theme...it's probably the MOST beautiful thing I've ever seen.  It really should be in like Southern Living or something.  She even put a tree in her room.  Seriously, there's a reason for all of this...

 We were all at Mom and Dad's on Thanksgiving when we noticed it was SUPER quiet.  Usually when it's quiet, one of the kids (or all of them) is into something.  They were in fact MIA so we knew something was going on...Ricky (bless his heart) was the one to go check.  All of a sudden Cody runs through the house saying, "Mama, Mama, Mama".  Mom says, "What is it Cody?" Cody says, "Baby Addison pulled your tree over."

And that she did!  I knew it was inevitably going to happen, I just didn't think it would be so soon...


Bubby, Brooke and Little Man came over 2 weeks ago to visit.  We ended up eating pizza and watching movies all night! :) It was a blast.




She doesn't even look like the same kid in this picture.  :)







Ok, so Ricky plays the piano (not me) and he's actually really good at it.  Ever since Addison could pull up, she'd go to his piano and play with her tiny little hands.  When she started, she would have to do it tippy-toed.  Now, she's flat footed.  Before I know it, she'll have to bend over to reach it (or just sit on the bench I guess). 




This is the only time she's ever sat still in her life...Yes, she's eating a Dum-Dum.  BUT she only gets one if she cooperates and sits still.  She normally cooperates.


I just want to add one more thing...just a little something that helped me get through my day today.  I was listening to K-LOVE on my way to work this morning when I heard the most beautiful song.  It was a nice reminder that even when we have the most HORRIBLE day and nothing seems to go right, there's so much we have to look forward to... and we should always remember that He'll never give us more than we can bear.  I found the lyrics to the song and I posted the chorus below.

Cause it’s only the world I’m living in
It’s only today I’ve been given
There ain’t no way I’m giving in
Oh Cause it’s only the world
I know the best is still yet to come
Cause even when my days in the world are done
There’s gonna be so much more than only the world for me


Have a blessed day! :)

2 comments:

Mommy said...

Love KLove! It's my fav :-) That's so funny that your little one was the one to pull the tree over! We can't find our tree. . . so we don't have to worry about that right now! ha

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather its Ric,Stacy,Kelsey,and Alaina.Its been so long since we have talked to you all. It has been such a blessing watching the little glimpses of your life. We all try too keep up with the blog. Cant wait umtill the next post and the next time we see each other.
Love in Christ,
The Leadman's