I had always planned on getting my daughter's ears pierced when she was very small-just as my Mother did. I was 5 months old when Mom had my ears pierced. Now that I actually have a daughter-the decision wasn't quit as easy as I had imagined! I talked to many other mothers about getting it done and everyone said to do it now so she doesn't remember the pain and she isn't old enough to fool with them-or pull them out! But when I talked to my Mom, she said if she had it to do over, she wouldn't have had mine done so early. So I was torn...
I finally decided that I wanted her to have it done and get it over so that she wouldn't remember the experience. So Ricky and I headed to the mall Saturday evening to pay a visit to the Piercing Pagoda. I started to chicken out when we first got there, but Ricky reassured me that it would be okay and if I didn't have it done, he would.
When we got there, Jenny (the lady that worked there) was so nice and helpful. She let us know that she had pierced hundreds of babies and that she and another technician would do it together (which was MUCH more comforting) and that it's really not as bad as most people may think.
So she had me fill out this form, she gave me a "certificate" to put in Addison's baby book and a lollipop. I then chose the earrings and the fun began.
Jenny had me sit in a chair with her in my lap. I think as soon as I hit the chair I started crying. She marked her ears and then the other lady came over to help. They counted to 3... At the same time they pierced her little ears. It scared her at first and she jumped. Then about 5 seconds later she started crying. She only cried for about 30-45 seconds and she was okay. I know that her ears are still sore, but she handled it like a trooper. And the benefit is that she looks SOOOO adorable with her little "diamonds". She's definitely a "girly girl"-already!! :)


.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment